INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
|Function Title:||Senior Registration Associate|
|Duty Station:||Cairo, Egypt|
|Category and Grade:||Fixed term Appointment (FTA) PN 10023547 – G7|
|Date of Issue:||04 November 2018|
|Closing Date:||17 November 2018|
|CONTEXT AND DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Senior Registration Associate assists in the oversight of UNHCR’s registration procedures as well as related activities in the operation. The Senior Registration Associate is normally supervised by the Registration Officer. The Senior Registration Associate assists with the implementation of an operation-specific registration strategy, to ensure that registration is effectively used for the identification of specific protection needs, for the management of operations, and for the achievement of durable solutions.
The Senior Registration Associate provides day-to-day supervision and support to UNHCR staff engaged in registration and related activities (including Reception, Filing and Data Management staff), and monitors the efficiency and quality of registration processes, identity and entitlement documentation activities and population data management. The Senior Registration Associate collaborates closely with Protection, Programme, Operational Data Management and Information Management colleagues as well as with Government authorities and partners on the provision of quality population data for the delivery of targeted protection or assistance interventions and programming and planning.
THE INCUMBENT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING ASSIGNED DUTIES:
Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
– UNHCR’s Registration Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are implemented in accordance with relevant UNHCR standards and policies.
– Persons of concern have fair and transparent access to registration procedures.
UNHCR’s population database (proGres) is maintained and remains a reliable, trusted source of personal information and protection needs of persons of concern to UNHCR
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
– Assist in the implementation of registration strategies and methodologies for populations of concern.
– Assist in the drafting and implement of operation-specific SOPs for all aspects of registration in accordance with applicable standards and policies, including provisions for the protection of individual data and prevention and identification of fraud.
– Assist in the implementation of procedures and systems for continuous registration and verification exercises, including in the securing and distribution of identity and entitlement documents.
– Supervise the daily running of the registration team activities, including monitoring staff performance, impacts and outputs.
– Establish linkages with protection units within the office and monitor the timely referral of persons with specific needs for protection follow-up.
– Assist in conducting regular data quality checks to monitor the accuracy of data collected.
– In coordination with the operational data management staff, assist in the timely consolidation and drafting of statistics and other registration data reports on persons of concern.
– Contribute to training and internal capacity building of UNHCR staff in registration, including on-the-job coaching and guidance.
Perform other related duties as required.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
– Enforce compliance by UNHCR staff engaged in registration and related activities with UNHCR standards and policies and operation specific SOPs for all aspects of the registration operation.
– In consultation with the supervisor, make decisions relating to the day-to-day operations of the registration unit and ensure registration procedures are efficient and effective.
– Draft and submit reports and statistics related to registration.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
– Completion of the Secondary Education with post secondary training/certificate in Social science, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Technology, or related fields.
– Minimum 11 years of previous relevant job experience.
– Good computer skills in all desktop applications, particularly with respect to data management competencies.
– Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
– Prior experience in registration or individual case management, including use of UNHCR proGres software, in refugee and internal displacement situations.
– Good understanding of the principles of and concepts of international protection and UNHCR.
– Training in registration, operational data management or information management desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
|§ Interested candidates are to complete, sign and submit the new Personal History Form (Nov 2017 version) which includes a Letter of Interest for the specific position prior to the closing date of the vacancy notice through UNHCR Egypt’s recruitment portal: http://hr.unhcregypt.org/
§ Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a written test and will have to undergo an oral interview. Only short–listed candidates will be contacted.
§ Only Egyptian nationality or legal residence of the country can apply, No relocation fees apply.
§ UNHCR follows a strict non-smoking environment policy.
§ UNHCR is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Job Post expires at 12:30am on Sunday November 18th, 2018